Congratulations on reaching the interview stage with the role you have applied for!
Whilst some are extremely confident when interviewing, for many people the panic is now setting in and the uncertainty of not knowing what will happen is casting a shadow of doubt over them. PREPARATION IS KEY! Below, I have written out a Lucky 13 bullet point stage for interview that if followed correctly will maximise your chances to get it right first time! Enjoy…….
1. Conduct research about the business – Dive into Google, LinkedIn etc.
2. Do research on the actual Client who you are meeting – Keep it professional!
3. Review list of potential interview questions. Be ready for each question!
4. DO NOT BE LATE – Suit and Tie for office meetings – Suit for blue collar interviews
5. Build relationships with FOH or Receptionists – Super charming
6. Qualify what they are looking for
7. Mirror your interviewer
8. Keep your answers short and concise
9. Body language, sit, smile, eye contact, handshake
10. Nice portfolio – CV and Notebook
11. List of smart commercial questions throughout the conversation
12. Sell yourself on what they are explaining – Don’t be arrogant or too humble
13. Final close, express your interest and your confidence in your ability. Ask for any reservations about you as to why they wouldn’t move forward
Remember! They (The Company) are meeting you because they believe that you have what it takes to meet their requirements, confidence in your own ability is key!
Hope you enjoyed the read 🙂
Optimal Search specialise in placing the top performing percentile of Sales, Business Development and Account management talent across the UK and EMEA regions.
Please send us your CV on advice for your future career move
☎ 01322 303470